If there was a problem, yo I'll solve it.
For those that are 80's and early 90's music fans, you will recognize the lyric from none other than Vanilla Ice. Not only is it from his one hit wonder, but it is also my professional motto. No matter the problem, the time line, or chaos involved - I will solve any problem.
I am a Midwest girl born and raised, a foodie who loves to travel, slight obsession with looking at infographics, and passionate marketing guru.
What can I offer?
As an experienced marketing professional - I have both retail and ad agency experience focusing on a variety of projects. I have supported Senior Staff, executed campaigns, interacted with clients, provided internal team direction, external vendor negotiations, and must not forget my sharing of home-made baked goods.
I am highly organized with keen attention to detail (photographic memory), dedication to ensure clients are not only happy but overly impressed, a get-it-done (get it done right, on time and within budget) attitude, not afraid to think outside the box, team player and Golden Girls fanatic.
The above images are just a few samples of projects I have facilitated - from traditional print ads to emedia to website to social media to collateral to booth graphics, I have touched nearly every possible form of marketing materials.
Skills & Abilities
- Project Management & Coordination
- Account Management & Client Services
- Microsoft - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competitive Analysis and Research
- Social Media & Marketing
- Web Project Management
- Strategic Planning & Marketing Communication
- Media - Assist in planning, execution
- Trend watching
- Event branding
"She walks fast, is organized, a hard worker and enthusiastic." -- former colleague, Mark W. (Associate Creative Director)
"Laura has a natural ability to understand client's needs, acts promptly to ensure projects are completed, and shares relevant trending topics." -- former colleague, Cindy B. (Account Group Manager)
- 1997: Let's go back, starting in 8th grade - I won the math award, alas I did not pursue a career in finance. However, my love of organizing, color coordinating and number crunching abilities can be seen in my checkbook (that's right, my checkbook. Have no fear - I combine the traditional techniques with modern day apps...I pay my bills on line!)
- 2001: High School graduation - from the corn fields of Illinois, 2nd best was never good enough. I wanted to be Valedictorian...and so I was.
- 2001 - 2005: University days - the moment I stepped onto Drake University's campus, I knew I belonged. I knew I wanted to major in International Business. I knew one major was too easy to accomplish, so I added two more - Marketing and Management (count 'em...that's 3 separate majors with a 3.42 GPA at graduation). Add in a semester abroad in Florence, Italy (reference banner photo at top of page) as well as President of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and part time job at EXPRESS and those years flew by.